Location-Based Proximity Marketing
In today’s fragmented media market, it is getting tougher to reach and engage with consumers. Experts predict that in 2013 — worldwide mobile Internet usage will surpass desktop usage. Consumers create their own landscape and they are gravitating towards mobile devices to complement their “on the go” lifestyles.
It’s no surprise that the more relevant and targeted your message is, the more effective and successful your campaign. Location-based proximity marketing, like the Proximus Mobility solution, places brands where and when it matters most, right in the consumer’s hand at the point of purchase.
- US mobile proximity marketing spend projected to grow to $6 Billion by 2015
- 70 Million mobile coupons worth $2.4 Billion are expected to be redeemed in 2013
- 10x’s higher redemption rate of mobile coupons vs. traditional coupons
- 80% of consumers use phones for shopping and shopping-related activities
- 70% of consumer purchase decisions are made in-store
- 67% of consumers use Smartphone for product research and then purchase an item in store
Source: Borell Associates, 2010. Morgan Stanley, April 2010. Yankee Group, 2011. Comscore, 2011. Borrell Associates, 2011. Ipsos OTX, “the Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Users, April 2011.